Monthly Cost of RV, Boat & Trailer Storage / Parking
Published on 3/30/2019
Monthly Rates for RV Storage / Parking in Phoenix – Mesa
There are many factors that determine the monthly rates charged for RV, Boat, Jet Ski, Trailer, Camper, 5th Wheel, Travel Trailer, Car, Toy Hauler, Side-By-Side, ATV-UTV parking storage.
Touching on a few of the main factors-
- Location – Land & Development Cost
- Type of Storage – Enclosed Storage, Covered Canopy Storage or Uncovered also referred to as Open Air Storage
- Drive & Parking Surface – Asphalt, Concrete, Millings, Crushed Granite or Gravel
- Security – No Fence, Chain-link, Block or Concrete Wall, Digital Video Surveillance, On-Site Office / Manager.
- Amenities – Covered or Uncovered Dump Station, Trickle Charging, Air/Vacuum, Wash Bay, Propane, Ice
I’m going to focus on Covered & Open Air Storage which are the two most common types of vehicle storage in the Phoenix Metro area.
Covered Parking / Storage - This type of vehicle storage seems to be the most desired as it provides protection from the sun and the damaging UV rays. Based on the factors outlined above, covered RV, boat & trailer storage ranges from a low of 0.40 cents a square foot to a high 0.80 cents a square foot. Example – 12’ x 35’ = 420 sq ft, the low range is $165 per month to the high range of $335 per month.
Uncovered – Open Air Parking / Storage – This is the most common kind of parking storage for RV, boat and trailers in the Phoenix Valley. Based on the mentioned factors above Open Air Storage ranges from 0.15 cents a square foot to 0.45 cents a square foot. Example – 12’ x 35’ = 420 sq ft, the low range is $65 per month to the high range of $189 per month.
The monthly rates charged for covered and uncovered storage in the Phoenix Area, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler and the surrounding cities are very similar across the valley. The demand is very high for covered RV Storage and currently outpaces the supply.